The Service Ministry Team and Epiphany are very active group that focuses on outreach projects to supporting individuals or groups in need. The hopes and goals of the Service Ministry Team are to:
- Our hope to oversee the many ministries supported by Church of the Epiphany parishioners, both within the parish and outside our church.
- Our hope to encourage new service projects by supporting individual or group ideas to help others in need.
- Our goal is to identify a service project every month (or if large project over several months).
- Our goal is to welcome everyone’s proposals or in coordinating a Service Project.
Ongoing service projects and organizations we support include:
- RAIHN (Rochester Area Interfaith Hospitality Network)
- Theodore’s food pantry
- CAP (Christian Appalachian Project)
- Epiphany has collected clothing and supplies, held spaghetti dinners, and otherwise supported this organization in its work addressing poverty and supporting people in eastern Kentucky and across Appalachia.
- ABVI (Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired) Epiphany has a box (shed) in the parking lot where people can donate clothing and other goods to ABVI.
- SWEM (Southwest Ecumenical Ministry) – Assembling Christmas meal boxes is an annual event.
- Aurora House hospice in Spencerport
- Hope Hall School
- Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong
- Cameron Ministry
- Alternatives for Battered Women