The mission of the Youth Committee is to support the youth and their advisors, to advocate for the youth, to keep youth and their activities visible in the parish and to make resources available for our youth for what they want to accomplish. And to provide opportunities for our young people to come together in a Christian environment in fellowship with other youth to grow in spiritual formation, explore their questions, and develop leadership within the church.
The vision of the Youth Committee is to be a Christian community that reflects Christ’s love and acceptance of all people. To empower young people to put their faith into action, develop their leadership skills, and grow their in faith and relationship with God. And to provide opportunities for transformation not only within themselves but also of the environment around them.
Some contributions Epiphany’s young people make to our parish and the community are:
- Our youth give of themselves to the care and service of Epiphany
- Our youth eagerly serve as acolytes, crucifers, readers, ushers and greeters; they give gifts of time and talent by performing in the choir, handbell choir, and playing various other instruments
- Our youth participate in parish fundraisers such as the nights at Frontier Field
- Our youth give back to the community
- Our youth have participated in community service during the 30-Hour Famine and the Pilgrimage to Virginia
- Our youth give the gift of fellowship to each other, the parish, the diocese, the national church and other faiths