The Service Ministry Team and Epiphany are very active group that focuses on outreach projects to supporting individuals or groups in need.
The hopes and goals of the Service Ministry Team are to:
- Oversee the many ministries supported by Church of the Epiphany parishioners, both within the parish and outside our church.
- Encourage new service projects by supporting individual or group ideas to help others in need.
- Identify a service project every month (or if large project over several months).
- Welcome everyone’s proposals and/or in coordinating a Service Project.
Ongoing service projects and organizations we support include:
- RAIHN (Rochester Area Interfaith Hospitality Network)
- We support St. Theodore’s Food Pantry
- CAP (Christian Appalachian Project)
- Epiphany has collected clothing and supplies, held spaghetti dinners, and otherwise supported this organization in its work addressing poverty and supporting people in eastern Kentucky and across Appalachia.
- SWEM (Southwest Ecumenical Ministry) – SWEM Walk and Assembling Christmas meal boxes is an annual event.
- Aurora House hospice in Spencerport
- Hope Hall School
- Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong
- Cameron Ministry
- Alternatives for Battered Women